Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Interview

The business interview was an interesting experience. I knew that it was going to be kinda formal, but it turned out to be not that bad. I feel as though I did slip up on some questions that I was asked but I did alright. If it were a real job interview I feel as though I would not get the job. I am not exactly sure how these questions that possible future employers ask help them to determine the right candidates and I never will. The interview process is a joke because most of the time it is who you know that will help you to get a job. There is really no such thing as equal opportunity employers because favoritism and nepotism will always be prevalent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right on the networking issue. Knowing someone in the company is the best way to get a job, which is sad because a lot of qualified people don't ever get a chance for that reason.

When companies do go to interviews FOR REAL, I think the main thing they want to see in the interview is your personality. They have already seen your resume, so they know your qualifications. They probably have some references that can back up your qualifications. But they want to know if you are the kind of person they would like to have in the office on a day-to-day basis. You could be the most qualified person ever, but if you don't seem to fit with them, they might not select you over someone else.

Personally, I think you did fine in your interview with me. It's low stakes compared to the real thing, but you did a nice job of answering the questions. I think we all... well, MOST of us... tend to be too critical of ourselves.
You did fine in my gradebook, lol. =o)